Saturday, April 3, 2010

Who Knew?

I tell you, I did not know it was possible to be in a swimsuit, shorts and a bra and still be confident. But it is. Amazingly. Indeed, I have come into my own. Don't get me wrong, I was not confident because I looked like a wanna be Cindy Crawford. Not sure that was even possible on account of the atrocious combination I had on (which btw I believe I actually managed to carry off, somehow!)No, what made me 'comfy in my skin' was having my family all around me. Yes, all of us but one, were all in the pool bouncing around weightless enjoying our time. Family time. This was the first time this was happening on our own shores. I liked it. Alot. And by the looks of my two children, so did they. Although my oldest was very pleased that he 'missed' it. Why? well by the time we told him what I had on plus what his papa had on, it would have just been too much spandex for him to tolerate. Lol!

And today, Easter Sunday, it only got better....or worse depending on which side of the fence you are sitting. First of all, I must say that I am rather chuffed with myself that I managed, one again, not to cry at the airport as my first born board another plane to fly away from me. Oh, does it ever get easier. He is so grown up, asking me and his papa to please, for the love of Godk, stop pretending to cry in the full view of all the passers-by. If only he knew. If only he understood that we only pretended, in our own baba sala manner just to cover up the truth, the fact that we would really really love to burst into tears right there and then. Its so hard, these good byes......but away he must, my son, my first born, my pride and joy.....yes, the golden fleece was in SA and so to SA he must!

Oh, btw, Hapi Easta! He is Risen. He is Risen Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment