Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Is Love Really Always Enough?

Sometime last year, I really thought so. That love would always be enough. I think I even said it. That as long as I had made up my mind to love, then come what may, I would stand. I felt so wise in that moment. I was actually patting myself on the back and what I thought was a ground breaking discovery. Yet, today, some months later, I wonder.....

Perhaps love is not enough. Perhaps sometimes one must add to that love determination and to that determination, the fear of God. Or at the very least, as our mothers did, one must consider the lives of others and not just thine own... Perhaps.

I don't know really. All I know is that am not in a very pleasant place right now and I should be. I really should be. So much good is happening. So much to be happy about. Ahhh yes, but that is exactly why the evil one has come my way. I normally would have seen it coming and dodged. But I did not see it and I did not dodge. So here I am trying to breathe, to exhale, but I cannot cause the pain is too much. I am raw. My heart is raw....yet, annoyingly, it still loves.

Love might not always be enough but is really does do its best to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment